Online therapy is growing in popularity, and studies say that it works! I am excited to be able to offer a cutting edge service that further reduces barriers to mental health treatment. Is online therapy (or telemental health) right for you? Here are some situations where online therapy could be the best fit:
- You are a new mom (or dad) and getting the baby or kids out the door feels impossible (or at least a huge obstacle!)
- You have physical limitations
- You have mental health concerns agoraphobia and social anxiety) that have caused you to be homebound. Online therapy could be the first step, with a later transition to in office therapy.
- You need additional privacy because you are high profile in the community and are concerned about running into others in the waiting room.
- You live in a remote or rural area with limited access to therapists.
- You are in a time crunch. You may be able to schedule a session on a lunch break without a commute.
- You have already been in therapy with me and you've moved somewhere else in Michigan and would like to continue sessions.
How Does it Work?
- You'll need a comfortable, quiet and private space, fast and reliable internet, and a smart phone, tablet, laptop or personal computer.
- You must be located in the state of Michigan. If we have not met in person, I will ask you to verify your identity and location with state ID or driver's license.
- After we've talked and determined online therapy is a good fit, electronic paperwork will be emailed to you.
- On the day and time of your appointment, you will visit https://doxy.me/sharonyaeckerroesserlmsw for your session. You'll follow the online prompts to check-in for your session. Doxy.me is HIPAA compliant, confidential, and so easy!
- Only self-pay available for Online Therapy at this time.
- Payment will happen through Ivy Pay, a secure, HIPAA compliant credit card processor.
- I offer a limited number of low fee spots through my affiliation with Open Path Psychotherapy Collective. See my Open Path profile to determine if you qualify for the low fee rate and if I have spots available.
Contact me (Sharon Yaecker Roesser, LMSW) at 248.509.4379 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your free 15 minute consultation!